Firewall?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Danboy

We just purchased a new computer that has Windows XP Home on it. We also have Norton installed as well. Do you recommend installing another firewall or is there one already installed in Windows or Norton? Thank You.

Danboy

i would turn off windows firewall, and uninstall norton (bleh) and get ZoneAlarm for firewall protection and AVG for your anti virus :) and your all set with great, reliable, stable programs..thats free! :)

Triple6

Rob
What Norton product do you have? If Norton Personal Firewall or Norton Internet Security then you already have a pretty good firewall. I'm not a fan of Norton myself but the decisions is yours.

Youy can try Sygate or ZoneAlarm, both have free firewall programs. The Windows Firewall should be disabled when using another firewall. The Windows firewall isn't bad but it doesn't have the features or controls that bigger third party Firewall's provide.

Danboy

I have Norton Internet Security 2004. I have already paid for it so I will be using it for the next 15 months.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online