1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firewall

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by skyman, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skyman

skyman Thread Starter

Cable internet access has just become available to me and I have a question concerning firewalls.

I know that with direct access you need a good firewall and I currently have the free version of Zone Alarm.

Is Black Ice better or is there a better firewall out there for those who have direct access to the web, not dial up?

Thanks for your advice......

skyman

2. angel

angel

Zone Alarm will be just fine (actually, better) than any you might pay for.

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

No black ice is not better... stay with Zone Alarm... it puts you in stealth mode if configured properly.

Savvy :)

4. skyman

skyman Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for your advice.

skyman......

5. skyman

skyman Thread Starter

Another question....

I have reservations about the cable company I am about to sign up with for cable internet access and I would like it if anyone can tell me about any pitfalls or problems I might look out for when getting on cable internet.

The network is Comcast and I have them for my TV cable service and they aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Any advice would be appreciated.

skyman

6. angel

angel

I can't, personally, offer any info since I've never had cable (prefer DSL), but you might want to checkout the reviews (about the company in general) listed <a href="http://www.dslreports.com/comments/1579">here</a> on Comcast. (Who knew DSLReports listed cable ISP's?! huh!)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice