Firewalls

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

reaper616

Hey
I'm looking for the best Firewall, one that protects every bit of my computer, so far I have got:
BitDefender Internet Security v10

Does anyone have any better Firewalls, this is for a business (fairly big) doesn't matter about money.

So does anyone know of any elite Firewalls?

reaper616

I need something...if you would "State of the art" something that does everything....

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
Check out "NOD32". It is often called the best avaialble. It is a suite of security programs, not just a firewall. Use a Google search for the download site.
{redoak}

crjdriver

I would go for a hardware firewall such as a router rather than software. I much prefer a hardware firewall over software. Use the hw firewall and a good AV app along with xpsp2s improved software fw. As redoak posted nod32 is one of the best AVs today. I use it and recommend it.

Nod32 updates their virus definitions 2-3 times per day so it always has the absolute latest deffs.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
"crjd": With all due respect, I mean that sincerely since I have no credentials, there have been many posts that urge a software firewall even when a router is used. I can not critique that position nor yours. Just reporting.

{redoak}

crjdriver

That is why I said hw firewall along with xpsp2s improved software firewall.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The only firewall that protects your computer 100% is a cord disconnection. :)

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
"crjd": Is this, "xpsp2s improved software firewall," the Ws' firewall that comes with "XP, SP2?" Or is it something different or an "improved" version? Does this check out-going traffic? The Ws' firewall has been said not to.
{redoak}

crjdriver

Yes along with a router [hw firewall] xps firewall is fine. I just dislike the extra services running and the intrusiveness of most third party firewalls.

About the best third party firewall I ever found was outpost firewall. It did a good job and was not too intrusive. I used this when running win2k.

Hi reaper616, We need an HJT log to see what is currently running on your system because BittDefender Internet Security is supposed to be antivirus and firewall plus more combined. So your Windows firewall should have been disabled(piece of crap anyway).
Are you still on XP SP2 or have updrade to Vista ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online