Firewire card for Intel D945GCL mobo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rcksteel

Hey folks, I am looking for IEEE1394 (Firewire) compatible expansion cards for an Intel D945GCL mobo in an eMachines W3609. I know I need a PCIe card but want to make sure it's compatible. This was Vista which I heartily killed (who would'nt?) and installed XP SP3. But I have had a few driver issues since. Intel and eMachines support no help. Am hoping any plug-n-play card will work but if anyone can recommend a few they know do work on this mobo, it would be much appreciated. Thanks. :D

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to page 24 in the on-line manual for that motherboard, it has a PCI Express x1 slot and a PCI Express x16 slot.

The PCI Express x16 slot is normally used to install a video card.

The PCI Express x1 slot should be used to install a firewire card.

-----------------------------------------------------------

rcksteel

Thanks FlavaFlav! I appreciate all the good info which should help me. Gonna get a Firewire card from a reputable vendor and will update this post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online