Fireworks menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lola2001

Using Fireworks MX, I created a vertical drop menu. When placed in an existing Dreamweaver page the menu doesn't work. If I place it in a new plain dreamweaver page it works fine. What could the problem be? Would something in the existing page be interfering with the menu?

fireworks uses *.js files to make the dropdowns work, you need to move the *.js file to the directory of your existing page if you want it to work. hope this helps

lola2001

No, I don't have it posted anywhere. I am doing this for work and can't post it until it is finished.

All files are in the same directory. Works in a plain dreamweaver file with nothing else in there but added to an existing document it won't work. I don't get it.

Thanks.

well then it is entirely possible that another javascript running on the page is creating a conflict with your dropdowns. After all, unless you combine both scripts, your browser will only execute whichever it "sees" first and just forget about the other one.

lola2001

Yes, I have another javascript menu at the top of my page. Is there anyway to make them both work? Thanks for the help.

right, hmm, it would really help if you could show some source code at least, but in anycase, is it the same type of scrolldown menu (eg with fireworks)?

lola2001

I deleted a bunch of code and it seems to be working alright now. Although my page is a bit off it is ok. I think I tried to put the top menu in more then once using the Menu Builder extension so there was too much code in there. Still not sure what caused the conflict but at least it is working now. Thanks for all your help.

It might have to do with the placement of the .js files. Make sure your tables or cells are not interfering with it. Sometimes Dreamweaver changes the tables and it screws things up.
Just a thought.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online