1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firmware updates

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hazy, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hazy

hazy Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I have two dvd writers Pioneer 108 and a Pioneer 111d and I been told to update the firmware for better performance. How do I update the firmware and is it the ok to do. I heard once you update you cant go back.

:confused:

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Go to the manufacturers site and see first if there is any firmware updates....and yes once updated you cannot go back....so make sure it is the correct one for that drive as if not it can make your player in-operable.

Are they working OK .....any problems with them?

3. hazy

hazy Thread Starter

Yeah they work fine and not had no probs with any of them. Just someone mentioned to update the firmware and I wasnt sure. I think I might leave it they work and that will do for me. Thanks

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Good idea......

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Don't fix stuff that ain't broke. ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/511674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice