firmware upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

katiepg

i've downloaded a firmware upgrade from the pioneer site, but when i run it, it says 'Available target is not found'.

Any ideas please.

Thanks for reading... :(

First, can you explain why you are doing a Firmware Upgrade?

There currently is another Post here where the person has TRASHED their unit with a failed firmware upgrade :eek:

"Target not found" may be a GOOD thing!

katiepg

Hi there,

Basically, I have just bought GRand Theft Auto Vice City and it wouldn't work, so i called the helpline and they told me i needed to upgrade my firmware to solve the issue.

Many thanks for your help

Katie

But firmware for what? Video card, motherboard (BIOS), CD-roms...???

We need to know what it is for before we can help much. Also, what operating system are you using, ram, etc etc.

Scorp.

Triple6

Rob
I would assume for the an optical drive. Seems like an odd suggestion but you never know.

Could you tell us what problems you are having with GTA:VC?

katiepg

Yes of course,

It has installed ok, but when i put the cd in to run the game, it just shows a spinning CD as the cursor and won't go away unless i reboot. Even when i've left it for ages, nothing happens. My pc is only 6 mths old, so has plenty of memory etc. Confusing really.....

katiepg

Sorry, firmware upgrade for my DVD Rom -Pioneer DVR 108
My system is: pentium 4, 250GB hard drive, 1024MB memory, nVidia GeForce 6600 PCI Express Graphics card......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!