Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

First BSOD... Dunno what happened

2K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  Clumbsy_Mage 
#1 ·
I was playing Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory, whilst talking to a friend over Skype, and I suddenly get this blue screen error... It's the first thing that's gone wrong with my newly built PC, and I dunno why. My PC restarted before I could jot down the specific error, but it said something like "Driver_not_less_or_equal". It recommended I remove newly added hardware, what is up :'(

#9 ·
Thats a Norton error. What version of Norton are you running?

Open up the Norton Antivirus and Click on the LiveUpate Button. Have it download any and all updates. You may need to do this several times after rebooting. Then there should be an Options button. Click that and go to Automatic and then Advanced or something like that I think and uncheck the option to Scan Floppies at reboot/shutdown.

Also run Windows Updates to get any and all Windows updates.

And as a recommendation; Norton blows.

#14 ·
Well that may be your problem. Thats cooking and you're risking damaging the CPU!!!. Check to make sure the fan is working and that the heatsink is installed correctly. If the heatsink is slightly crooked on the CPU it won't make good contact and overheat. Also make sure that you remove the protective tape off the bottom of the heatsink to expose the thermal pad. Or if it didn't have a thermal pad that you applied thermal paste.

Again if its really at 71 degrees then you have a SERIOUS problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.