Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

First Build need help please

Tags
#diy #new
562 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I just completed my first build. It is a b550m motherboard ryzen 3500x cpu running a 250 m.2 boot ssd and a 1tb hdd with gskill 3600 4 sticks memory just got it up and running haven't plugged into internet yet. Tried running with xmp on ran fine but now is randomly shutting down and restarting but doesn't note that it shut down abnormally. What Is going on?

#2 ·
First of all, post ALL of your exact specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, exact video card, etc, etc. Do not post "500W ps supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Have you checked temps and voltages in the bios? If not, do so and post the following; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Let it run in the bios for at least two min to stabilize temps/voltages.

#5 ·
Where are the 12V, 5V, and 3.3V readings?
The very first thing I would do would be to test your ram with memtest.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
Make the bootable usb and run boot the system with the usb. Run memtest for at least 1hr. If there is one error, it is too many.
Next on the support page for your board, you will find system information viewer under the utility section. Note you must install app center prior to installing SIV. Once done, use SIV to monitor temps and voltages while running a stress test. Use prime95, OCCT, or realbench for the stress test [all free downloads]

#7 ·
I just looked up the specs on your pw supply. I have never heard of that mfg however it has a whopping 1yr warranty. Any decent pw supply will have at the very least a 5yr warranty and most are 7~10yr. If the maker of your pw supply only warrants it for 1yr, that alone should tell you about the quality.
If you need to swap parts to find the problem, that pw supply would be the very first part I would swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.