1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

First encounter with Vista and cannot install printer.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Alex Ethridge, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I encountered my first Vista machine this week and got a message thet certain problems were encountered when installing the printer and the installation could not continue. The problems listed were a certain five DLL files that I assume could not be overwritten.

I managed to muddle through the system well enough to see the user account I was using was an administrator account. The printer is a new HP AIO OfficeJet; but, I am not at that location right now and I don't remember the model number.

Can anyone offer suggestions on the direction I should go with this?

Rant:
    Vista--mostly change for the sake of change.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Is it a Vista driver you are installing or an XP driver?

3. tjamnz

tjamnz

device manager > right click (your printer icon) > search microsoft (top option) for update if you havent tried that already.

Im thinking microsoft is collaborating closely with companies as their updates are launched.

4. vicks

vicks

You can go to www.dll-files.com anddownload the needed dll files. Free....
    Vicks

5. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Looks like HP has most of their Vista drivers done...

Have you tried letting Windows install its own built in drivers and rebooting?

I got a Lexmark 730 to work that way after the website claimed no drivers were available for Vista, and the XP and XP x64 wouldn't install no matter who I fought the permissions.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice