1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

first & last names in text form fields

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by melias, Mar 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. melias

melias Thread Starter

i have laboriously figured out (with help from this forum) how to make the text and numbers entered into my forms repeat throughout the document. however, if i type a space in the field, such as between first and last names, the second word shows up as bold everywhere else in the document. what's the fix?
    ~melias

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    PERHAPS...

Tools-Autocorrect
    Autoformat as you type tab
    Uncheck everything in top and bottom sections of that dialog box

3. melias

melias Thread Starter

no, that didn't seem to do it. by accident i got some of the pages to not make that second word bold, but i don't know how. it goes like this:

* the data-entry page is formatted so the fill-in forms are 12-pt. ariel, italics, underlined.
    * some of the cross-referenced places are apparently not formatted at all, and some i have manually tried to format in 12-pt. ariel, italics, underlined--doesn't seem to matter.
    * in a couple of spots the first word is not underlined, and usually the second word is bold.

should i be using something other than the ab| button to make my text field forms? thanks for your help...i'm almost done with it!

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I would select the whole document (ctrl-a) and make it *normal* style, turn off bold, turn off italics. Do the bold and italics through the Format-Font so that those items are *really* gone (when there's some things bold and some not, bold won't be selected in the font window, ditto italics, so choose Regular).

Do you know that formatting like that is stored in the paragraph returns? If you don't select the return, you're not *really* changing the formatting.

Anyway, after changing all to normal, then go ahead and change specific items back to the way you want them.

If you like, I'll take a look at it for you.

[email protected]

5. melias

melias Thread Starter

it works! IT WORKS!!

i didn't select all of it, because it's 52 pages long with various different formatting that i didn't want to have to redo, but by including the paragraph returns and using format>font>regular, it accepts the formatting of the referenced input.

THANKS!

i have one more question...is it possible to put a watermark on a page that won't show when you print it out? there are several pages of this that are to be printed, not filled out on the computer, and i thought to put a big "PRINT" watermark on the page, but don't want it to show when printed. can this be done?

~melias

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/73432

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice