1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

First look: Microsoft Office 2016 for enterprise hints at easy searching, colorful UI

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by TechSocial, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechSocial

TechSocial TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media Thread Starter

The first glance at the future of Office for Windows is here, in the form of the Office 2016 IT Pro and Developer Preview. It’s the initial public iteration of the suite that will be released sometime in the second half of 2015, so at this point it’s very much a work in progress.

I’ve spent a good deal of time with it—and while there are a few interesting user additions, the bigger improvements so far are under the hood and will benefit businesses the most.

The preview is available for free to those who have an Office 365 ProPlus subscription, an Office 365 Enterprise E3 plan or an Office 365 Enterprise E4 plan. If you’re interested in getting it, go to Microsoft Connect, register and follow the installation instructions.

Installation woes

Given that this is an early preview, don’t be surprised if you experience installation woes—I certainly did. I uninstalled my existing consumer edition of Office 2013 before trying to install the new version, in the hopes that the installation would go smoothly. Those hopes were quickly dashed.

I tried several times to install and, each time, when it seemed that 85% of the installation had been performed, the installation appeared to stop. When I checked the Windows 8 Start screen, I found an icon for the Word 2016 Preview, but not for any other Office apps. Word worked fine, but no other icons for Office applications could be found.

Read More

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice