1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

first step in programming

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by jmgallego, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jmgallego

jmgallego Thread Starter

i am a beginner in a programming,,guys kindly help me how do i start in programming..? what is the first step to know about programming?? i need your help guys!! pls help me..:)

2. jmgallego

jmgallego Thread Starter

i am a beginner in a programming,,guys kindly help me how do i start in programming..? what is the first step to know about programming?? i need your help guys!! pls help me..:)

3. dai

dai

you will receive quicker help if the heading is accurately worded

4. Devendra_Singh

Devendra_Singh

As you said you are a beginner, you need to start from C Programming language. There are man websites where you can learn C programming free of cost.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I merged your threads here. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

Find a beginner's class.

6. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    I would disagree with Devendra, C is a very difficult language to get your head around and usually a poor choice of first language.

Which is the best starting language will always be the subject of heated debate. I know that a number of computer science courses start by teaching their student's Python, which apparently strikes a good balance between being accessible and helping you to learn good programming practices.

The best approach for you would depend on why you want to learn it and what resources you have, but in general your best approach is to find a course on it, and failing that to work through a book. Note, however, that programming is not something you can learn by reading about, you have to build up your experience actually doing it.

7. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Exactly,

I personally recommend VB.NET if you are learning on Windows. Or even the new Basic.NET (I don't personally like the lack of required type declarations).

I recommend VB.Net for 2 reasons.
    1) Fairly easy to learn with its English like syntax (dim myVariable as string, if something happens then do something)...
    2) .Net is a HUGE part of Windows. Learning how .Net works will teach you a good deal about various Windows issues too.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Doesn't anybody start the way I did--with Fortran? :cool: Wait, maybe I'm giving away too much about my age. :D

9. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    I started with QBasic, and even then the copyright on the interpreter I was using expired 2 years before I was born!

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Ramesh, if you mean the programs you need to try programming in C or VB.NET search the web for "C Compiler" or "VB.NET Compiler." I don't have any recent experience so can't be any more specific, but probably others can. Or if you mean you want to start learning search for "C tutorial" or VB.NET tutorial."

11. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    If you're going to start with VB.net, download Visual Studio.
    You can get the express version for free (whereas the professional versions cost quite a lot), and it has more than enough power for a beginner.
    http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads

12. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Also, if you happen to be a student at a university, you can probably register at Dreamspark to get a free copy of Pro, as well as certain versions of Windows (Usually just server)

https://www.dreamspark.com/

13. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    I forgot about that.
    I'll have to pick myself up one of them registration forms. :D

14. SoftMaster

SoftMaster

I started with BASIC... was a good times :)

I think the first is to know there is various ways to programming (programming paradigm).

You can start playing this game Robomind and learn some coding.
    Also if you want to lean OOP (Object-Oriented Programming), you can try Greenfoot.

Programming is fun, so I hope this resources help you.

Thanks for reading.

15. nathanadhitya

nathanadhitya

hmm VB.NET << Haven't learned about that programming language
    for some beginners try to learn HTML and CSS First the easyiest way is just go w3schools.com
    try to learn the most basic how to create a basic site

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice