First time! Blue screen of death! NOOB!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CaptainPicardX

Hi. I just finished my first build about 3 months ago, and everytihng was nice and dandy until NOW I start getting the blue screen of death. It says something like error dxgmms1.sys driver_irql_not_less_than_or_equal. I did just some limited resarch on the net, and people are saying that I should try to update my drivers. I updated the video card driver, I`m pretty sure I got the latest motherboard bios, and W7 says no current updates available. Now the last time it happned to me I was watching a movie so I figured it might be the video card? But on the net people say I should run memtest. So i did and while it was running it killed again?. So is the RAM or the video card, how can I find out? Any help is appreciated. :):confused:

Specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte G41M-ES2L
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.67 Ghz
GPU: ATI Radeon 4600
PSU: Corsair 750 W
RAM: 2x 2GB Corsair XMS

yeah, that would be memory. the first thing that i would try to do is move the ram sticks to a different slot in the mb. if that doesn't work try runnnig the system on just one stick of memory. if it runs fine on one stick but doesn;t on the other, its a memory problem with that stick and you would need to get a new stick.

CaptainPicardX

thanks, i got some new Kingston ram, and ran the momory diag. tool, it says no issues found. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online