1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FIRST TIME EBAY USER - hints & tips PLEASE

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by neild79, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. neild79

neild79 Thread Starter

im a first time ebay user + was wondering if anyone has got any hints, tips etc? i just bought a graphics card(ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256MB AGP) for £92). instead of watching the item until it had about 2 hours to go + then making a bid, i ended up buying the card outright.lol is this a bad mistake?? Thanks P.S the seller said the card sells for £379, is this true?? i find it "QUITE" hard to believe. also, the sellers payment address isnt available + he sent me it via email. but he has been a member since the middle of 2004, + his rating is 99.8%, + also i noticed everyone posted good comments about him saying that their purchases were delivered quickly + that he was a reliable seller. CAN I TRUST HIM??lol THANKS

2. macdudenj

macdudenj

Try to avoid out of country purchases. Definitely look into their feedback comments, nothing lower than 97%. See if they were able to work out any major problems with the ones who complained. Generally speaking, wait until 10 seconds left in order to make your bid. Bid as high as you are willing to pay. Use buy it know if it is a low supply item and you need one. Use PayPal so you can dispute.

3. neild79

neild79 Thread Starter

what is paypal? can you use direct debit for paypal or do you need a credit card?? how long do you think it would take to be delivered??? i live in glasgow & the seller lives in manchester. will he wait until he recieves payment before he sends the card?? THANK YOU

4. vicks

vicks

I always use a credit card via pay pal. That way if there is a problem you have some recourse. Have had good luck using e-bay for many purchases.
    Vicks

5. macdudenj

macdudenj

Go to Paypal.com to see how you can open up an account. All the FAQ are there for you to read. It is used by many sellers because they get paid immediately by your credit card or bank account. You are covered to because they must meet the condition of sale or they will have their Paypal account closed.

6. pooladdict2

pooladdict2

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice