first time network setup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

c0rruptioN

we have a laptop, a desktop, and a printer that we want on a network so that the laptop can print from the kitchen to the office where the printer is. i have tried setting it up in the network setup, but it says we need to insert a floppy to put on the other computers and this desktop does not have a floppy disk drive to do that. what can i do?

c0rruptioN

thanks for reply :D

with that tutorial though, it says not to use it if you have a hub pr switch only. i have a modem that both pc's in the house connect too, one wireless one wired. the modem connects to a line that goes to the circuit room then to the telephone line outside. where does that leave me standing?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
What is the exact make/model of the router? That tutorial is for connections to a router, which you obviously have.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online