1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

First time PC build!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dominichng, Nov 10, 2019.

1. dominichng

dominichng Thread Starter

Hi - I’m so sorry, but please forgive me for not even knowing what I should be asking.

This site sounds to good to be true and I really do hope you can assist.

During the summer, my son (11) wanted to build a computer. I thought great, keeps him off the Xbox etc. for a while. But since we built it, we are really struggling - it comes on and then goes off. Sometimes, it just doesn’t not come on. Some people have said it may be the RAM, but I’m kind of hoping someone could remote access and give it a big overhaul.

It happens in my place of work, where out IT guys remote access and work wonders.

Is this the sort of service offered here?

2. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    There are experienced builders here :)
    No, I'm not one of them lol!

If you would post the parts you are using and the operating system, it would help enormously.
    Any trouble codes?

Sorry, no remote access at this site.
    Personally, I'm not a fan of remote access from a security angle.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It would really help if you posted ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard used, exact processor installed, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
    Remote access is really only for companies that administer devices. We use it at work where IT can access a desktop or ipad and [sometimes] actually fix it.

From the very little info posted, my first guess would be a very low end pw supply however that is only a guess until we get an exact parts list.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice