1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

First time set up new gaming pc BOOT error

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jamero68, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jamero68

Jamero68 Thread Starter

i recently made a new pc, the computer starts, fans are all running hardware all detected, however when i try to boot from the windows 10 home 32/64 usb i got from Best Buy i get the error in the picture. Tried unplugging SSD and using Hard drive, tried different USB ports, tried loading bios ( delete key on start ) and checking everything first, did a memory diagnostics, tried plugging in a new hard drive, tried switching out for a new SATA cable, changed out ports for data cable... I’m lost, please help!!!

Attached Files:

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I would make your own Usb stick using the Media Creation Tool here :- https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

You will need an 8GB or larger Usb stick and a Windows key which I think you should have with the Best Buy Usb stick. Get the correct version of Windows 10, Home or Pro, to match that key. Get 64 bit.

Install with just the SSD connected, you can connect the HDD later.

3. Jamero68

Jamero68 Thread Starter

So i baught a windows 10 home 32/64 its a 140$ kit that comes with a usb with windows already installed. I also only have the SSD plugged in and have tried the steps you mentioned.. the problem is when i press f11, and choose the usb to boot from, it loads files, shows and blue windows logo on a black screen for 3 seconds and then the error in the picture i posted appears, which from some extensive research everyone says is a hardware issue, however when loading bios it’s detecting all hardware fine and no errors other then when trying to boot / install windows 10. NOTE: ( i do not have a disk drive and have not used the cd’s that came with the mother board / graphics cards because i was told i can download what’s on those online. is it possible the usb from Best Buy is faulty ? How do i troubleshoot and find out what hardware is causing this. This is all brand new out the box parts first time trying to start up.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Yes, it is possible the usb is faulty; it is also possible that you have a hardware problem ie ram, cpu not seated correctly, pw supply problem, etc.
    I would REALLY do what Alan suggested; make your own usb using the media creation tool. If that one still has problems, then start testing the hardware with memtest OR boot the system with a linux live usb. Note memtest runs from bootable media so no need for an operating system to be installed.

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Also although it is only, little more than a guess, have you actually got the Windows 10 Home install with product key as I understand BestBuy also do a Windows 10 UPDATE version on usb

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220234

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice