1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fix My USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by collide21, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. collide21

collide21 Thread Starter

hi there...im having problems with my flash drive, i think it was not removed safely from my computer and now there's no more data on it...when i try to put it on my computer, it can be detected by my computer and shows the removable disk (g:) but then i try to click it, a prompt appears "please insert a disk in drive G:" and then when i try to view its propoerties, it says "used space: 0MB and free space: 0MB"... :( i just want to know will i still be able to fix my flash drive or not? if yes, what should i do? i hope you can help me with this problem..hope to hear from you guys..

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Try formatting it via disk management.

3. collide21

collide21 Thread Starter

it cannot be formatted..it says "there's no disk in drive G: please insert disk and try again" :(

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Doesn't sound good :(

Not sure what else to suggest. Guess the good news is, they are cheap now. I just picked up a 512 a couple of weeks ago for free after rebate.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice