1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fix or replace laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MPeg3, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPeg3

MPeg3 Thread Starter

I realize this is a very vague question with no definitive answer, but hope to get some info to make a decision.

Yesterday, my Vista 32 bit laptop monitor suddenly turned bright white. When I reboot, it goes immediately to white. However, when I lean the monitor forward to about a 30ยบ angle, the screen becomes visible. I looked online and found that it was probably a loose video connection. My husband and I took it apart and disconnected everything in the monitor. We found several minute spots on the fine wires where we could see specks of silver. We used electrical tape and covered them and put everything back together. No change. I now have an external monitor hooked up to it, but that makes having a laptop rather useless.

My question is, am I looking at a very costly repair, or do I need to just replace the laptop. It was a cheap laptop Presario CQ50-209WM, but does everything I need which is mainly a little emailing and reading recipes. Nothing that requires much speed.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Peg:confused:

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1047227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice