1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fixed > But new problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Citron, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citron

Citron Thread Starter

I bought the ram, and got my computer up and running! Thanks to all that helped me. But now something strange is happening... when i try to run video programs (like games, etc.) it seems to be hogging ALL the system resources. When i am running things, if i try to do anything else in the background, i get HUGE errors and blue screens of death. This has me bewildered, i have no idea what to do.

Thanks for any help...again :)

-Mike

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Mike, we need you to supply more detailed information.

When you get those blue screens or other error messages, copy them exactly and post them. Let us know exactly what you are doing when you get them, and whether they are "repeatable" or appear to be happening "randomly". If it's an "illegal operation", click the details tab and give us the first two lines.

Since you installed new ram, I would suspect there is still not something right there. Provide the motherboard model number and maybe folks can tell you whether what you got is what the motherboard supports. Sometimes modules just aren't seated fully and that will cause problems.

If there is more than one module, try just one at a time. Otherwise try a ram tester such as this one:

http://www.simmtester.com/page/products/doc/download.asp

I think we may want to move you to the hardware forum, but we'll wait for further.

You should also provide a post of your current startups. Use the Startuplist application from the site below. Just unzip, run it and copy/paste the results to a reply.

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

If you don't have a zip program to unzip that and the system is too unstable to install one, try running msinfo32 and click on Software Environment and Startup Programs. Then click edit>select all > edit > copy and paste the copied text to a reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice