1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fixing toolbars

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Fitz, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fitz

Fitz Thread Starter

I'd like the Toolbar to be permanently fixed at the top of the page when I go into "My Computer". I have to retrieve it each time I go in which shouldn't be necessary. Similarly, I'd like "details" to be permanently fixed in each page but I have to click that on each visit too.
    I can't find anything in W95 Help pages about how to fix these settings.

2. RandyG

RandyG

Hiya Fitz,
    I don't remember Win95 that well, but check for the following;
    Do you have Microsoft Plus! which was released after Win95 came out? It allows greater control over many Windows elements.

Which toolbar?? If you open Control Panel, go to View, Toolbars, do you see the option to "Lock the Toolbars"?

Also, to change views, and keep them that way, then you need to go to View, Folder Options, View tab, and make sure that "Remember each folder's view settings" is checked.

Lastly, get TweakUI as it will allow you to manipulate your Windows a little better, and it has a setting on the Explorer tab "Save Explorer window settings" which will allow you to change your views, and after you close the window, it remembers them for the next time.

3. Fitz

Fitz Thread Starter

Hi Randy,
    I have Plus! but don't quite see ow it can help with this. Similarly TweakUI already has the "Save Settings" option checked, and I couldn't find "Lock the Toolbars" in the View area of the Control Panel. This sounded like the most promising option.

4. RandyG

RandyG

bummer, as I said, not having Win95 limits what I can suggest you do.

Hope someone else comes by that can help.

You might want to get a hold of a Mod to jazz up the Subject line a little, mention Win95 tweaking or something like that

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice