1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fixing Website

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by markmcclu, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markmcclu

markmcclu Thread Starter

Hello all

the company I work for set up a website through yahoo yet our website is still up and it is causing us problems, basically if you type yankels.com into search our website comes up, however if you type www.yankels.com our old website comes up, this is a problem as if you type yankels into search engines our old website comes up, our ip address is 207.204.48.127 , the www. is connected to a 98.136.187.13 ip adress, unfortanetley yahoo are almost impossible to get on the phone its just constant automated messages pretty sure they don't have a single employee. Is there an tech support companies I can call who can fix this problem or is there a way I could do it myself?

Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    A whois lookup for yankels.com shows that Melbourne IT Ltd (www.melbourneit.com.au) is your domain name registrar. It also shows you are using Yahoo name servers. I would suggest you contact your registrar and asking if they could recommend switching to a different set of name servers (perhaps name servers operated by your new web hosting company). Then setting the A records on the server to point both yankels.com and www.yankels.com to the correct IP address.

EDIT: If you are still using Yahoo for your hosting, I found some information on a different hosting site that had information on how a user could log into their Yahoo account and change the A records themselves.

http://breezi.com/how/point-your-domain-with-yahoo-small-business/

In your particular case, you would need to modify the given instructions so that the A record for www.yankels.com is set to match that for yankels.com

3. renegade600

renegade600

go to the following yahoo page, yahoo will not let me direct link

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains

1. click on sign up
    2. under other options where it "say not ready to transfer? You can still use....", did you follow those instructions when you signed up for yahoo webpages.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice