1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flag "solved" threads

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by plejon, Jan 3, 2002.

Advertisement
  1. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

I would suggest a "closed" or "solved" button for a question. Sometimes, I'm browsing the forum reading lots of questions which have been resolved by others.

So I look at messages with relatively little posts. But sometimes, threads with one post are solved, while other threads have 20 posts but still no solution.

So I think it would be a good idea to "flag" threads that are solved.

2. deuce

deuce

Moderators have the power to change the title of the thread, so AcaCandy puts [solved] and the other 8 put {resolved} in the beggining of the title. They do that whenever possible, but the problem is that really only 1% of the people who needed the help came back to tell us if the advice worked. You might think that it was solved as the advice works most of the time... but these are computers we are talking about and they aren't exactly governed by set laws that make them run exactly the same every time...so a solution that works for 99 out of 100 people using the same exact setup might not work for the other one. We just don't know, and they don't help us out in that are, unfortunately. So anyway... that is why you see so many solved threads not marked as 'solved"... because the person getting the advice didn't come back to tell us.

I'm not sure... (Mike can correct me) but I think flagging solved threads is a limitation in vB and that is why we change the title.

3. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

What you should do when your thread has been solved it to click on the 'Report this post to a moderator' at the bottom of the post. Then just tell them it has been solved and they will mark it as such.

4. hewee

hewee

But if we know that a tread has been {resolved} then we can report it and the Moderators can look at it and mark it.
    I have Done this on treads I have helped on.

5. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

hewee

what do you mean, you don't have the 'Report to a mod" link?
    It's in the bottom right corner of every post.
    Did you mean that? :confused:

:)

6. hewee

hewee

LadyLisa,

You better read it again.

Said we can report it.

I do see a opps in my post now.
    The don't should say done.:eek:
    Time to edit it.

7. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

hewee

read it again, all better now.... :D

8. deuce

deuce

You know... Mike likes to pull those tricks. Make an error and then I say something but then he changes it the second I say something but then it's already changed and no evidence that it was wrong to begin with, so people think I am crazy... :rolleyes:

9. deuce

deuce

Wait a minute... people already know that! :eek: :D :cool: :rolleyes:

10. hewee

hewee

Thanks
    I started out with the right letter put then ????:eek:

11. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

hewee

you're just having a blonde moment, don't worry............ I have them all the time ;)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!