1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash and system resourses

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Roxz, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roxz

Roxz Thread Starter

Is there a way to make flash dont use as much resourses as it dows now in the current version because is difficult to watch videos in a decent quality on intgernet withouth having a slowdown in my pc.

Maybe there is an alternative way like replacing flash with an other thing or not using macromedias's one if there is an alternative one like quicktime.

Maybe making the GPU take care of flash.

2. baladio

baladio

That would be nice for the video card to take care of it, but there are compatibility issues when a video card's processing is depended on. Plus, CPU's are getting faster. Normal flash video like in Youtube should be a piece of cake for any semi-modern computer. However, when it comes to flash games, and other heavy flash programs, it can be a lot more CPU-intensive, depending on how many objects are on the screen, physics, graphics, and other stuff. I don't know much about Shockwave, but it seems to use the video card for processing a good amount of stuff, and it seems to be pretty compatible, but I don't know how.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Macromedia Flash Player was replaced by Adobe Flash Player years ago. If you still have anything named "Macromedia" in your list of installed programs, get rid of it.

Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties. What's the processor speed and amount of RAM?

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - Startup(tab). How many entries have a checkmark?

Right-click an empty space on the desktop, then click Properties - Settings(tab) - Advanced - Adapter(tab). What's listed in the adapter description section?

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. Roxz

Roxz Thread Starter

Sry i said macromedia but yes now is adobe. I have an athlon 64 x2 5200+
    2gb of ram kingstone 800mhz fsb
    nvidia geforce 8800gs

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't answer my second question.

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. Roxz

Roxz Thread Starter

Sry there are 6

Firewall, Sitcky notes, MSN, anti spyware, antivirus, an other program similar to sticky notes but with a callendar

In the non windows services there are 6 too

2 of the antiv 1 firewall 1 antispy 2 nvidia

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Every entry in Start - Run - MSCONFIG - OK - Services(tab) should be left checked. That's not the proper place to edit the services list. If you want to edit it, do it in Start - Run - SERVICES.MSC - OK. And don't set any of them to Disabled. Set to Manual the ones that you don't want to auto-load.

Except for your antivirus and third-party firewall program, you can probably uncheck all the other entries in Start - Run - MSCONFIG - OK - Startup(tab).

---------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice