1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash BIOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KingBeta, Sep 27, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. KingBeta

KingBeta Thread Starter

Hey, so I built my computer and everything worked but I wasn't getting a signal on my monitor, so I tried to flash update the BIOS.
    It's been 25 minutes and it's been slowly and continuously blinking. Plz help

Ryzen 5 3600
    Geforce RTX 2060
    B450 Gaming Plus (the package said 3rd gen ready)
    Corsair Vengeance lPX 16gig 3600
    Samsung ssd 1tb QVO

2. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Be patient.
    Flashing the BIOS is one of the riskiest things you can do. If it goes wrong in any way, you can brick your motherboard. (Break it beyond repair)

You do have a separate graphics card? The video connectors on the motherboard will not work unless you have a Ryzen with a "G" in the model number.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What is blinking ? What method did you use to try to update the Bios ?

Also as Sean pointed out you have to connect the monitor to the graphics card not the motherboard.

4. KingBeta

KingBeta Thread Starter

I don't have another board and let me see what the monitor says.

I removed the flash drive, I didn't separate the text from the drive. So I did that and then I tried again. This time I got 3 flashes and nothing.

5. KingBeta

KingBeta Thread Starter

And it was the flash drive that was blocking continuously,

The method I used was I downloaded the update to the flash drive, then I plugged it in and clicked the button.

I'm not sure what else to do, I will connect it to the graphics card and see what happens

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I assume you are attempting to update the bios to run a 3xxx processor.
    Yes, it is ready after a bios update.
    As pointed out above, you must download the bios file then rename the file to MSI.ROM. Place this on the root of a fat32 formatted usb then follow the procedure outlined in the manual [page 39]

FWIW I am no fan of msi boards. IMO you would be much better off doing a RMA and going with an asus, gigabyte, or asrock X570 board. At least those will have native support for the 3xxx processors.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233533

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice