1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Cookies, a Little-Known Privacy Threat

Discussion in 'General Security' started by lotuseclat79, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

Slashdot.org article: Flash Cookies, a Little-Known Privacy Threat.

-- Tom (y) (y)

2. jdean

jdean

I highly recommend NoScript (http://noscript.net/) for Firefox users. This extension will allow you to control Flash and Javascript in your browser. NoScript blocks access by default (the safest thing to do), but you can easily override this (in several different ways) as needed.

If you are not using Firefox and are concerned about the security of your system, I recommend installing Firefox just so that you can run NoScript.

3. hewee

hewee

I use NoScript and kill disable Flash and Javascript and other Plug-ins.
    Also disable iframes.

I have also known about the flash cookies a long time and have had the setting on high for years.
    Just wish when you go to your setting and say NO to a site that it does not still get added to the list and when you delete a site from the list I wish it also deletes the folder that they had there file in.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!