1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

flash CS3 auto-format problem

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by obidon, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. obidon

obidon Banned Thread Starter

In Flash CS3, I have some code in a frame on my main timeline. The code works fine and has no programming errors, but when I hit the auto-format button I have a problem. I usually only use auto-format for nested statements (ifs, fors, methods, etc.) so it can auto-format the indentation. So when I pressed the button, it left some of the other code fine, but for the rest of the functions it messed it up real bad by erasing the indent (making all the code within the function go to the left) and also it added semi-colons to the opening curly braces ({).
    This is what it did:

Code:
    //Old Code
    exampleFunction = function () {
      //indented example code
    };
    Code:
    //auto-formated code
    exampleFunction = function () {;    //added semi-colon
    //example code with indent gone
    };
    Can someone please tell me why it is doing this to only some of my code in the same frame and not the other functions. I think it might have something to do with _root.attachMovie() function but am not sure.

I can live with programming without auto-format, but I don't like having problems on my computer that I don't understand. I would really like to have help solving this bug in Flash CS3. Also I'm using Actionscript 2.0. Much appreciation for replies!

2. obidon

obidon Banned Thread Starter

Please someone respond to this....
    This problem is annoying, and I would appreciate replies. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!