1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Drive not showing Icons

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blayzn, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blayzn

blayzn Thread Starter

Hi guys, i've been havin a problem with my flash drive.
    All my corel draw docs on the drive don't appear as their respective software icons when in the icons view. Also the icons that do appear correctly change when i try to rename it.
    Then when i double click to open, it brings up the window asking me to select the program to open with. How do I sort this out.

2. kunafa

kunafa

Are you sure you are not changing the extension of your Corel Draw files when you try to rename them. I mean there is an option in Windows explorer that shows the extension (filename.EXE). If this option is enabled by you, then you may have accidentally deleted the extension, too.
    Check your files and see if they have an extension ( for example *.MP3, *.DOC etc...). If so click on the Folder Options under the Tools menu in My Computer. Then chose the "view" tab and check the box "Hide extensions for known file types".
    This will hide all your extension and let you rename your files safely.

Hope this solves your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/677237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice