1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash drive shrunk my photos :(

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Slickmax, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Slickmax

Slickmax Thread Starter

I have an old desktop that I got precious old photos off. They were deleted off the computer and transferred to the flash drive. The problem is the photos are small as hell now on the flash drive, like 80x60. I've tried so many ways to resize them back up but they're all pixelated. These are very important old photos that I want to be able to see, if anyone knows how I could fix these that would be great. I still have the old desktop if that helps with anything, and also the pictures are .TIF files which I don't think they were before...thanks in advance this is really important to me :)

2. donetao

donetao Banned

3. Slickmax

Slickmax Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, but that's the same thing as the normal zoom feature, the pictures become pixelated.

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Is there anyway you can recover them from your old computers hard drive.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Sounds like all you did was copy some "thumbnails" and not the full image.

6. Slickmax

Slickmax Thread Starter

I tried using Recuva but all it found was newer photos I deleted, none of the important ones.

Dave that could be a possibility. Is there any other methods or programs I could try to recover them from my hard drive, or make them bigger? Maybe something with photoshop? What's weird is I thought I also left a copy of the photos on the hard drive, and recently I turned that old desktop on and all those photos were gone and a couple programs I had on it before. Maybe it was from updating to Service Pack 3? (Its a Windows XP)

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Sounds like you might have been using a Image viewer and organizer.
    Have you "searched" the old drive for *.jpgs ....
    The organizer may be putting the actual images where you're not looking for them.

What Image viewer are/were you using ????
    You'll never be able to upsize a 80x60 pixel Image ...

8. Slickmax

Slickmax Thread Starter

I was able to locate the picture folders from 2008, 2009, and 2011 by searching .jpg Thanks! But there were a lot of older picture folders and I couldn't find anymore by searching .jpg, or .png

9. hewee

hewee

Maybe if you also search .jpeg it will help you find some more.

10. Slickmax

Slickmax Thread Starter

Just tried, but nothing :(, any other ideas?

11. donetao

donetao Banned

Hi I use this freeware software to search. It's pretty good. You might give it a try!! It will find all jpeg on my external and my C drive!!
    http://www.voidtools.com/

12. hewee

hewee

Your right Gary a search like that or this one here I like best.

UltraSearch portable would be good. No install, just pick version you want from drop down.

NOTE:
    You need to run this from Admin account or with Admin rights. It will search the who hard drive so will find things on all profiles on the computer drive.

http://www.jam-software.com/ultrasearch/?language=EN

13. donetao

donetao Banned

Hi! Will give your software a look hewee!!
    Thanks!!

14. hewee

hewee

You're like it and its very fast Gary. I got a couple of profiles on the computer so nice to be able to search the whole drive because what you're looking for may be in the other profile so I like this the best. To bad you got to have admin rights but see it is that way so limited user can not see the admin account.

15. donetao

donetao Banned

Looks good. I'm familiar with search everything, so probably will stay with what I know. Us old people just don't like to change our habits! Wow 56,474 posts. That's a bunch.I already have one warning, so I probably will never make it that far. I'm trying hard to make a hand here!!
    Thanks for the link!!
    Gary!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice