1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Drive to Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by mastr924, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mastr924

mastr924 Thread Starter

How can I connect my USB flash drive to my cell phone?

2. dannyn

dannyn

You can't.

3. AZenTech

AZenTech

You can use a computer as an intermediary. Connect mini-USB from phone (assuming it has that capability). Connect USB flash drive to computer. Transfer files. What are you trying to do?

4. hermond_betano

hermond_betano

u must have a connector from your USB drive through your cell phone, what kind of cell phone model did you have?

5. mastr924

mastr924 Thread Starter

Sony Ericson W580i

6. iroc357

iroc357

i have the same phone, what are you tryin to do?

7. dannyn

dannyn

There should be no problem doing this.
    Get a cable for the phone. Plug the phone into your computer. Plug the flash drive in. If you can, drag and drop onto the phone. If not, use the software that Sony provides (if they do)

8. mastr924

mastr924 Thread Starter

I'm trying to play videos from the flash drive on the phone. I don't want to use a memory card. So I want to try to connect a flash drive to my phone.

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You can't make a direct connection. You'd have to transfer the files from the flash drive to the computer and then from the computer to the phone.

10. iroc357

iroc357

it will not work without the memory card i got a 2gb on ebay for like 20 bucks

11. sup2a

sup2a

yea those memory cards are dirt cheap my 2gb stick cost me $16, just check which mirco SD card it will take, often Sony's will only take their M2 cards

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/766019