Flash error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

amunchie

Hello, again.

After my previous problem, I've been getting another error message. This is:

The following error occurred on the file 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx'.

Access is denied.
(0x5)

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

amunchie

reinstall it.adobe flash player.
I tried uninstalling Flash Player and reinstalling it and still have the problem. Perhaps I should try to uninstall it and then delete the flash.ocx file if it's still sitting in the Windows folder. Is it safe to do this, though? I am very good at messing up my computer and don't really know what I'm doing and don't want to do any further damage. I am very cautious about deleting files in this folder as I'm aware that this could affect my whole computer.

What's the best way to uninstall flash player and making sure it's been completely removed so that I can do a clean reinstall?

amunchie

I get a problem trying to reinstall flash player in IE8. When I click on the yellow bar to run the add-on, IE8 stops responding.

amunchie

have you tried using another browser such as firefox?
Yes, I used Firefox and I downloaded it without any problems. Unfortunately, I there is still a problem as my usb devices I have that capture video are affected and I don't know how to fix this. I've got a Ion VCR to PC device and the device works fine, but when I click on record I get, "Device record error. Please check device status."

Can someone help me to get this working again?

amunchie

The only way I got my VHS to PC device to record was to delete the offending file. I reinstalled flash player but this file was not included when I looked and so I don't think it's part of flash player. My dad says that my computer will probably reinstall the flash.ocx file if it needs it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online