1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash for Linux

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by BlackHorseman, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackHorseman

BlackHorseman Thread Starter

Hi,

My friend & I are working on a site that will contain Flash animation. We are looking for a thorough documentation of the Flash for Linux technology - not only a tutorial for Flash but also something that explains the inner workings - so that we are able to create more cost-efficient/concise files with Flash.

Anybody knows of any links?

Thanks,
    Daniel.

2. GOTzMADsKILLz

GOTzMADsKILLz

I would check out macromedia's site. Currently there is a version of the flash player for linux, as for the Flash MX suite, Don't think so. Also there is only a Shockwave Flash player available for Mozilla Browser but not for Konquerer or the Galleon.

2 links to check out:

Linux Troubleshoot

Linux Players

Hope this might answer some questions. Not many people make Flash sites with Linux users in mind since it's a Windows world for now. I would assume the Flash for windows should work the same on linux provided the a person has the player installed (Mozilla only unfortunately).

3. BlackHorseman

BlackHorseman Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice