1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash game problem in windows 8/8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lehatche, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

If this is in wrong location please move!

I am working on a Dell all in one computer running Windows 8/8.1. The Owner says up to 2 weeks ago her computer was working fine. Then she was not able to play her yahoo. games, when you attempt to play you get a black box with what appears to be a loading indicator that spins a couple of times then disappears the black box does not. The next thing that happens is the game appears to load but looks like it ran out of web page. You can hear the game sounds and use any visible buttons that are visible. This situation is a real pain in the tush! What I have done so far, Fresh install win. 8/8.1 totally updated. Also my grandsons windows 8.1 laptop has the exact same problem. Help PLEASE!!!

2. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

Surely someone must have come across this problem and solved it.

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Flash with Windows 8 is different as it updates with the Windows Update process. You can try the following. It has worked for many:

Right-click inside a running video and select Settings...

Once in there, select the Display tab and uncheck the "Enable hardware acceleration" box:

[​IMG]

4. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

Phantom010, Thanks for the idea but that doesn't solve my problem. Does anyone know if there was a Windows 8 update pertaining too flash, activeX, or any other flash related software in the last 2 or 3 weeks?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!