Solved Flash game will not load

Tom197979

Hello,
I'm having trouble playing my game, its a flash player based game, I've been playing it for a few years now, and since yesterday, for some reason, I can't enter the game, all I get is the black screen after enabling flash, but the game doesn't load.
any ideas?
I've already uninstalled-reinstalled flash player, both browsers and flash player are up to date, clearing the cache/cookies didn't help.
I've tried using different browsers and got the same problem, tried different PC - same problem, only in my android phone it loads the game (using Puffin browser).
1129.png

Which browser are you using? Also, please be aware Flash Player will be reaching EoL on December 31, 2020.

Tom197979

I'm using Chrome, but tried also with Edge, Opera and MX5.
" Also, please be aware Flash Player will be reaching EoL on December 31, 2020. " - I am aware of that, we'll cross that bridge when we'll get there...:)
any idea what's causing this problem?

Tom197979

hi again
if its any help to understand the problem, when i open the console in developer tools here's what i get:

11299.png

This is a DNS error., which means in this instance it cannot resolve the hostname to the IP address. You could try changing your DNS server in your IPv4 configuration to use Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) and then see if this resolves, but that depends on how much you really want to play this Flash game.

Tom197979

Well, that solved the problem (y) Thank you.
Is there a problem leaving the IPv4 configuration like that? can it cause any problems?
Also, why does this kind of problem happens?

Great! Glad to see that worked for you, Tom (y)

There's no problem leaving it like that, since I use the Google DNS servers instead of the ones provided by my ISP. I don't know what your previous settings were, so it's difficult to comment with any authority as to why this happened. I will say, however, there's a running joke in the IT/IS community that when something goes wrong, blame DNS ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online