1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash games freezing

Discussion in 'Games' started by hermitt, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermitt

hermitt Thread Starter

I am running a sony vaio with a 2.33 ghz intel core 2 duo, 2 gb of ram, and a nvidia 7600 (i believe) graphics card. I love to procrastinate, so a lot of the time i will try and play flash games through internet explorer or firefox. Recently, whenever something "big" happens (a big explosion, a gun shot, a jump) or something that has normally worked (and has in the past), the game freezes momentarily, and then will resume, skipping in the game the amount of time it froze, which for games in which timing is important doesn't really work out well.

i have played these games before, and they have worked. the only thing i can think of would be that i replaced my hard drive a 6 months ago, to a faster (5400 rpm to 7200, though supposedly the sony drivers don't allow it to go at its full speed...or something) and bigger hard drive (80 gb - 200 gb).

any help would be much appreciated for a procrastinating college student

- Hermitt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice