1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Help

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Spu, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spu

Spu Thread Starter

Hello, I need help.

On the site http://www.coversbyu.com/ and by clicking the 'Design My Cover' tab, they enable you to make your own design.

How do they do this? I take it it is through advanced ActionScript, is that correct? Is there any resources out there that could help me to do this?

It everything from actually being able to let the customer design their own, to, attaching the finished design to the shopping cart for processing.

Thank you v. much for your help,

Spu

2. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Actually it is Javascript and CSS (at least as to the web pages themselves). If you emailed them I sure they could put you in touch with the programmer who created the Javascript assuming it wasn't done in house. If you want to do it yourself you'll need to learn how to program in JavaScript.

In case you're wondering how it remembers the design the program actual sets a cookie on your computer. As you make choices it re-writes the cookie to contain your choices. When you checkout and buy the design their server reads the info from the cookie. If you want to see what I mean turn off cookies in your web browser and then try to build a cover. The program won't work.

3. deuce868

deuce868

actually if you look it's .asp. That's a bit much for javascript and would require a lot more scripting. The javascript is for opening a new window. Click on the "best viewed in Internet Explorer...." and you'll get the new window.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice