1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash is lagging

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by annersch, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. annersch

annersch Thread Starter

Hi, I'm having problems with flash lagging. Every second it takes a little brake..

I'm using Chrome on Windows 7. I've deactivated Adobe's flash player. Before I did that, flash was slowing down to a full stop. Deactivating Chrome's flash player and activating Adobe's is not helping.

My Chrome and Windows are both updated. The problems started about a month ago. Before that, I had both flash players activated without any problems.

Thanks for any help on this.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try the following:

Right-click inside a running Flash video.

Select Settings...

Select the folder in the middle tab.

Move the slider to the right until it says "Unlimited".

Try the videos again.

3. annersch

annersch Thread Starter

That doesn't work. When I right click, the menu pops up, but then it freezes. The rest of the web page is still working, but nothing inside the popup is working... The flash is still moving in the background.

4. annersch

annersch Thread Starter

Anybody?

5. Phantom010

6. annersch

annersch Thread Starter

That seems to do the trick! Thanks! :)

7. Phantom010

You're welcome!

8. annersch

annersch Thread Starter

I'm sorry to say that the same problems are back. Flash started lagging, so I took another look here http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html and realized that I had only changed disk usage for websites I hadn't visited yet, so I deleted all sites on website storage settings (second to last tab) and set the marker on unlimited. This worked for a while, but not anymore. I'm trying to use a website called mockflow, which uses flash to draw websites mockups, and everything is lagging like ****. Now the flash on Facebook etc is also lagging like before... Please help!

9. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Test a different browser?

Also, Flash is embedded into Chrome. I see that it can be disabled, but I don't see how that would help when the component is part of the app. Almost all of these odd problems when using Chrome, are actual Chrome issues.

10. Phantom010

11. annersch

annersch Thread Starter

Disabling all other plugins seems to fix the problem. I'll try to reactivate them one by one until it happens again. Problem is it usually takes a while before the lagging begins. I'll keep you posted.

12. annersch

annersch Thread Starter

I've now used Chrome with all other plugins deactivated for some time, and the lagging is back. Flash is not lagging in Firefox. I'll try that repair link now.

13. annersch

annersch Thread Starter

I did not realize that extensions and plugins are different things until now. Flash is a plugin, not an extension, as you say, so I've been disabling all other plugins, not extensions. I've deactivated all extensions now, and I'll use it that way for a while.

14. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    And I don't think it's considered a "plugin" to Chrome. It is actually part of the browser.

15. annersch

annersch Thread Starter

I don't know, but it's found here.. chrome://plugins
    Anyways, disabling all plugins, except flash, and all extensions didn't have any effect. The lagg is still there.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice