1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash just stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by SonoInc, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SonoInc

SonoInc Thread Starter

So I REALLY need flash player to work and it is not. As far as I can tell it just stopped working, all flash sites/videos show up as a white box. I've unistalled it about 5 times and tried re-installing it every time after I un-installed, still no luck with it actually working, even though it's listed as a program under Control Panel ---> Programs ---> Programs and Features. The Adobe flash player items that are listed under there are:

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
    Adobe Flash Player Plugin

I'm downloading from Adobe's Download Center, when I get to the page after you click install on the prompt to install the verification video is white, and the page never actually finishes loading. I'm running vista ultimate 64 bit in internet explorer. I've followed Adobes Flash Support page thouroghly and it still won't work. I can also not contact them due to me not have a registered product of theirs. If any other information, what else would you need for this to go as smoothly as possible?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. seahawk83

seahawk83

3. SonoInc

SonoInc Thread Starter

I went there and nothing showed up, so I installed again, and it still ddin't show up... the adobe install page is still loading... I guess I'll wait....

Updating in about an hour.

4. seahawk83

seahawk83

5. SonoInc

SonoInc Thread Starter

Didn't work :(

6. SonoInc

SonoInc Thread Starter

If possible, anyone know why this isn't working?

I really need it too

7. seahawk83

seahawk83

here are a couple thing that came up, you may have seen them already - Hope this helps, don't know where else to go

Permissions: Your permissions may not allow you to install ActiveX controls or plug-ins. If this is a possibility, refer to Permissions can affect installing Flash Player for more information.
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15511#permissions

Download the Standalone installer for either Internet Explorer, or for Netscape-compatible browsers. This can help resolve most other download or installation issues. For best results, download the installer to your desktop, and close the browser before running the

8. SonoInc

SonoInc Thread Starter

Where is teh stand alone installer?

I've done all else :(

9. seahawk83

seahawk83

10. SonoInc

SonoInc Thread Starter

So Now youtube tells me that I have to DL the latest version from adobe, which I did, but now it still tells me to DL the latest version even after I used your direct install and the one from adobe's site...

This is getting laughably annoying.

11. seahawk83

seahawk83

goal is to remove previous flash
    try this, basically, remove adobe flash and components and re-install the stand alone
    go to add/remove programs and uninstall adobe player active x
    then use the stand alone installer you downloaded to re-install

12. SonoInc

SonoInc Thread Starter

STill says i Need to get the latest flash player, havn't done so yet.

13. horsecharles

horsecharles

Seahawk may be onto something-- what happens when you try other IE-engine browsers: maxthon, avant, flashpeak...

and as well when you try non-IE: mozilla, opera, safari.....

Filehippo has an update utility which can help keep things updated...

14. SonoInc

SonoInc Thread Starter

Well I only use IE. No others...

So what should I do now?

15. karenbum

karenbum

I have been having the same issue. It stops working and I have to uninstall and download it again.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/680741