Flash...movie clip button help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

emjaykay

hi all i am attaching the .fla file for further reference. All i want to do is to link the 6 buttons to .html files. Its like using flash header while the rest of the website pages are .html files all containing this .swf file as header(menu).

i think i should be editing the following code?

on (release)
{
if (_root.link != 1)
{
_root.main_menu["item" + _root.link].gotoAndPlay("s2");
_root.link = 1;
_root.main_menu["item" + _root.link].gotoAndPlay("s1");
getURL("index.html", "");
}
}

and visually there are 6 buttons ... but in the library there is only one button. Also their instance cant be changed ... i really cant figure out. Pls help!!

Attachments

emjaykay

anybody? Please if this has been discussed already then please atleast send me a link cause i cant find it...

Gesp

Account Closed
Hi there,

You`ve already got an instance for each of the buttons:

_root.main_menu.item1
_root.main_menu.item2
_root.main_menu.item3
_root.main_menu.item4
_root.main_menu.item5
_root.main_menu.item6

is this what your looking for?

emjaykay

oh thankyou but i just found that out. What i am trying to do is to link these items. Its like 6 html pages having this .swf file as header. I want to link all these buttons to appropiate .html pages...

Gesp

Account Closed
you can use an Iframe (horrible solution), create 6 diferent .swf files or simply create one .swf for each button.

Anyway, in my opinion, having one .swf file and inserting it on all pages is better and will consume less virtual space on the server, giving the user (visitor) a faster and lighter download speed and weight.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online