1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash...movie clip button help

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by emjaykay, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emjaykay

emjaykay Thread Starter

hi all i am attaching the .fla file for further reference. All i want to do is to link the 6 buttons to .html files. Its like using flash header while the rest of the website pages are .html files all containing this .swf file as header(menu).

i think i should be editing the following code?

on (release)
    {
    if (_root.link != 1)
    {
    _root.main_menu["item" + _root.link].gotoAndPlay("s2");
    _root.link = 1;
    _root.main_menu["item" + _root.link].gotoAndPlay("s1");
    getURL("index.html", "");
    }
    }

and visually there are 6 buttons ... but in the library there is only one button. Also their instance cant be changed ... i really cant figure out. Pls help!!

Attached Files:

2. emjaykay

emjaykay Thread Starter

anybody? Please if this has been discussed already then please atleast send me a link cause i cant find it...

3. Gesp

Gesp Account Closed

Hi there,

You`ve already got an instance for each of the buttons:

_root.main_menu.item1
    _root.main_menu.item2
    _root.main_menu.item3
    _root.main_menu.item4
    _root.main_menu.item5
    _root.main_menu.item6

is this what your looking for?

4. emjaykay

emjaykay Thread Starter

oh thankyou but i just found that out. What i am trying to do is to link these items. Its like 6 html pages having this .swf file as header. I want to link all these buttons to appropiate .html pages...

5. Gesp

Gesp Account Closed

you can use an Iframe (horrible solution), create 6 diferent .swf files or simply create one .swf for each button.

Anyway, in my opinion, having one .swf file and inserting it on all pages is better and will consume less virtual space on the server, giving the user (visitor) a faster and lighter download speed and weight.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice