1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

flash.ocx

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kare72, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kare72

kare72 Thread Starter

I just reformated my hard drive and am now having problems with an illegal operation concerning flash.ocx.

I've tried uninstalling flash and reinstalling it but it didn't work. Maybe someone has another suggestion, if all else fails i'll have to reformat it again.

2. ratchet

ratchet

3. kare72

kare72 Thread Starter

Yes i'm running Win98SE and IE5 and yes that is how i unistalled it.

4. ratchet

ratchet

5. kare72

kare72 Thread Starter

i tried repairing IE and also I updated IE to version 5.5, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash with IE 5.5 but the same thing comes up. illegal operation with flash.ocx. I guess I'll just have to reformat the hard drive again.....

6. ratchet

ratchet

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    After you uninstall Shockwave Flash, go into Find - Files And Folders, see if any FLASH.OCX or SWFLASH.OCX files are still there, then delete them.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips:)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice