1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Playback Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by James Crosso, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. James Crosso

James Crosso Thread Starter

I am having problems playing flash content in web pages. Youtube videos do not show up. StubHub's interactive map doesn't appear. Web Sites that use flash advertisements don't appear. Video content on many news sites, such as MSNBC, doesn't work.

I've been searching Tech Support Guy on this topic for some time but have been unable to find any issues similar to mine. The machine in question is my work machine so I'm fairly upset that the problems I'm experiencing will interfere with my job.

I have the latest versions of Flash and Shockwave installed. When I visit the Adobe test page for these software packages, the animations play perfectly, verifying that they are installed succesfully.

I primarily run Chrome 2, but also use Firefox 3.5, IE 8, and a standalone IE6 (I work in software development so many browsers is essential). I have an ancient version of Opera on the box I never use. I'm running Windows XP and all my software is up to date.

So far I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash from Adobe's web site. I have done this many times and upgraded when a new version was released (I've been struggling with this for many weeks).

At first I thought the issue was Chrome itself, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome as well. I've also uninstalled Firefox COMPLETELY (Including removal of local settings).

Any insight or assistance with this would be much appreciated.

2. James Crosso

No help :-(

3. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

Have you changed any files or settings ? When did the problem start ?

4. James Crosso

Thanks for your reply. I don't know when the problem started, and I'm not aware of any flash changes or setting panels.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!