1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Player 10

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by VinceOne, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinceOne

VinceOne Thread Starter

For a very long time, I have had problems running YouTube videos in Safari 4.1.3, when I try to do this an error message appears on top of the video window, which says: "Missing plugin. Please download and install the latest version of Flash Player." I have also followed Adobe's advice to remove all previous versions of FP, and then do as the error message said. However, when I have re-opened Safari, and tried to use this type of video page, I get exactly the same error message, and the issue has not been solved. I cannot download and install the latest version of FP, but only FP 10, as I am running OSX Tiger (10.4.11), on an Intel based machine. This is frustrating, as the sort of vidoes I am talking about are dealing with software issues or instructions, and I cannot get to the instructions.

VinceOne

2. Headrush

Headrush

So if you go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ , Flash is installed OK?

If yes, there isn't much you can do if the site forces the need of a higher version.

The only option I can think of is try running a Windows browser and Flash using WINE or in a virtual environment like VirtualBox, Vmware Fusion, Parallels. (clunky but workable)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!