flash player 8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yorkie780

Operating system win xp sp2
brouser Internet explorer 7 (beta)
Anti Virus AVG 7
Anti spy Microsoft antispyware (beta)
Firewall Microsoft default

I have this strange problem on my internet whereby i can not install Macromedia's Flash player 8 From any where. I have tried the official site and i dont even get the little security warning thing saying i can install ActiveX from this site . I am at a loss as to what to do as i cant play certain games any more. It worked perfectley fine until i emptyed the temp and history folder. If any one can help me i will be greatfull

Attachments

Operating system win xp HOME sp2; Internet explorer 6.0.2900.2180; ViRobot Expert V 4.0 anti virus; The Shield Firewall; Spyware Doctor -anti spyware; (I do have Firewall Microsoft but it is disabled).

I also have the same strange problem on my internet whereby I can't install Macromedia's Flash player 8 from anywhere. I have tried the official and unofficial sites. I do have ActiveX installed. I have tried the Macromedia troubleshooting steps to no avail.

I am at a loss as to what to try next. I am not sure at what point it became inoperable but, when trying to send a greeting card, I was instructed to install Flash Player. When I checked my programs in Control Panel (add/remove), I found "Macromedia Flash Player 8" with no "size" noted AND a "Macromedia Flash Player 8" (size 1.57 mb). Yet, when I used Belarc to show me the software installed on my computer, the Macromedia Flash Player did not show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online