1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Player and FF Plugin Container

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 2BInformed, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2BInformed

2BInformed Banned Thread Starter

Regarding Adobe flash player, I'd like to know if it incorporates the Firefox Plugin Container for those on Firefox? Does it use that program to help update itself perchance and is it necessary for Flash usage in any way? Just wondering. Thanks.

2. 2BInformed

2BInformed Banned Thread Starter

Note: The following, before my response, is from a little panel posting just above my post. Apparently, the Quoting mechanism in this forum is not working as it cannot quote things properly. Likewise, the little HTML panel where one posts or issues replies is frozen and I have to manually write the HTML for certain things.

Twitter Share this with your friends, 2BInformed! You may get more replies if you share this post with your friends. Just click on Facebook or Twitter. (Don't worry, we'll give you the opportunity to edit the details before it's actually posted.) Note that you can share any thread on Tech Support Guy by using the buttons below the last post. Thanks for using TSG!

Thanks, TSG, for the note! However, I do not use Facebook or Twitter as I do not have an account and personally see little use for it. Thanks anyway.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If your question is whether Flash runs in a Firefox Plugin Container then the answer is yes. Updating the plugin has no relevance to that, it will update. Flash doesn't incorporate it, it's a feature of Firefox that plug-ins run in. Here's more info: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/What is plugin-container

As for that, it's simply a generic part of the website that everyone sees. If you don't use them or don't want to use those options you don't have too nor does it affect the assistance you get, unless you manage to recruit a new person who has an answer to your question then it may help.

Also, not sure what you mean about the quoting or HTML options not working; quoting does work and so do the options in the Advanced Reply box. If you are trying to quote things not in the thread then you'd have to manually use the tags. And for additional codes see the vB Code section in this document: http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG..._codes.2Ftags_I_can_use_to_markup_my_posts.3F

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice