1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Player, installed, how do I get it to play?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by charlie222, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. charlie222

charlie222 Thread Starter

Or is it installed?
    Adobe website, install Flash Player, installation successful screen. Restart computer > Flash Player update

I have flash videos on my desktop. Rightclick, menu, open with..., browse, can navigate to:
    C:\programsx86\Adobe\Flash Player
    Okay, I found a folder that looks like it's the program, now what? I can highlight it, double-click it
    this shows a folder inside called AddIns that contains airappinstaller.exe and digest.s
    none of this looks helpful
    All kinds of entering the name of the program, with or without the path does not help

I can go to set default programs, this is the same screen as from 'browse' above. I can find the folder Adobe, containing a folder named
    Flash Player, but then what?
    How do I tell windows to play .flv files with Flash Player?
    I have .flv files on my desktop. They are flash videos. How do I get them to play?
    Is this the right program for playing a video that you have on your computer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In the past (on other computers) I have bought third-party flv players like the ones advertised here on these pages. Far as I can remember none of them have ever worked, so I am not interested in any solutions that involve buying yet another one.

Another question: Why does windows claim it doesn't know what an .flv file is? I thought it was Apple that hated Adobe.

amd athlon ii 170micron

windows7

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Flash Player doesn't have a "player" per se. It is an add-on for browsers. If you want a real flv player, you can get a stanalone one at many freeware sites. I like FLV Media Player.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

VLC will also play FLV files and just about everything else, all with the same player and no special codec pack...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice