Flash Player, installed, how do I get it to play?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

charlie222

Or is it installed?
Adobe website, install Flash Player, installation successful screen. Restart computer > Flash Player update

I have flash videos on my desktop. Rightclick, menu, open with..., browse, can navigate to:
C:\programsx86\Adobe\Flash Player
Okay, I found a folder that looks like it's the program, now what? I can highlight it, double-click it
this shows a folder inside called AddIns that contains airappinstaller.exe and digest.s
none of this looks helpful
All kinds of entering the name of the program, with or without the path does not help

I can go to set default programs, this is the same screen as from 'browse' above. I can find the folder Adobe, containing a folder named
Flash Player, but then what?
How do I tell windows to play .flv files with Flash Player?
I have .flv files on my desktop. They are flash videos. How do I get them to play?
Is this the right program for playing a video that you have on your computer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In the past (on other computers) I have bought third-party flv players like the ones advertised here on these pages. Far as I can remember none of them have ever worked, so I am not interested in any solutions that involve buying yet another one.

Another question: Why does windows claim it doesn't know what an .flv file is? I thought it was Apple that hated Adobe.

amd athlon ii 170micron

windows7

Flash Player doesn't have a "player" per se. It is an add-on for browsers. If you want a real flv player, you can get a stanalone one at many freeware sites. I like FLV Media Player.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
VLC will also play FLV files and just about everything else, all with the same player and no special codec pack...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online