flash player not recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xxorianna

I'm not sure if I have this in the right thread or not.
Flash player is not recognized on my windows 7 64-bit, even though I have downloaded it many times. This problem occurs on all of my browsers (Safari, IE, Chrome and Firefox). I can install flash, and it will work for that time, but if I exit the browser or restart the computer, the problem reoccurs. I have tried disabling the Active X filtering in IE.

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
Sounds like a Windows issue. Is this a fresh install of Windows? Has it ever worked?

xxorianna

I don't know what you mean by fresh install of windows, it was installed on the computer when I got it in august. and flash used to work. i don't remember what happened that made it stop working though... :/

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Make sure JavaScript isn't being blocked by your antivirus? What's your antivirus?

DoubleHelix

Banned
Flash is built into Chrome so if it's not working in that browser, then it's definitely not a Flash problem. Some type of security software (anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, etc.) is the likely cause.

xxorianna

Make sure JavaScript isn't being blocked by your antivirus? What's your antivirus?
I use AVG Internet Security 2011.

Flash is built into Chrome so if it's not working in that browser, then it's definitely not a Flash problem. Some type of security software (anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, etc.) is the likely cause.
Yeah, it doesn't work in Chrome either. So, what do I do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online