1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Player speed problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Bearbox, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bearbox

Bearbox Thread Starter

I just bought a new computer and everything seemed to work fine. When I went to use facebook everything slowed down. The flash player games are real slow and everything with advertisements is slow too. Why is the computer so slow sometimes and what can I do to find more information about what is going on? I am running windows 8.1. The speed is not even useable. I think it is flashplayer. Is there something that I can do?

2. trogdo

trogdo

Try Google Chrome, it may work better: the Flash support is built in so does not require plug-ins.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Bearbox:

You didn't describe your computer and what hardware it has, so that may be a contributing factor to its speed and performance.

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

4. Bearbox

Bearbox Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 0 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7629 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8330, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 937367 MB, Free - 906621 MB; D: Total - 14983 MB, Free - 1856 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2B18
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Your HP computer has plenty of RAM, but it has an AMD processor that has its graphics device integrated into it, so that's going to affect speed and performance.

It's also running a McAfee security suite, so that's also going to affect speed and performance.

I don't use Facebook, so I don't know what affects its games have on speed and performance.

------------------------------------------------------------

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What browser are you using?

How are Web pages loading in general?

If you have a network, are all machines having the same issue with Flash videos?

Do you have all the latest Windows updates?

7. Bearbox

Bearbox Thread Starter

I tried changing my resolution and it has helped a lot. Thanks for telling me my graphics card sucks. I still have to try using flash player.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice