1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash Player works only in Firefox

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Boothbay, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boothbay

Boothbay Thread Starter

I have 2 browser's , Chrome and Firefox. I downloaded the latest F.P. and it only works in the Firefox browser. When I use Chrome, it won't work. I get a message that 'this plug in' won't work in this browser or something to that effect. is this possible to get video to work in Chrome? BTW, I have my reasons why I use 2 browsers.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A10-7850K APU with Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 48 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3521 Mb
    Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 5 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 122 GB (35 GB Free); E: 30 GB (2 GB Free); F: 46 GB (25 GB Free); H: 29 GB (29 GB Free); I: 0 GB (0 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., A88X-PRO
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

2. Sponsor

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

I believe the current versions of Google Chrome now block Adobe Flash Player content.

--------------------------------------------------------------

According to your TSGSIU log, it looks like you haven't installed the driver for your computer's graphic device, so it's currently running in VGA mode.

The ASUS A88X-PRO motherboard in your computer appears to have an AMD Radeon HD 7000/8000 series integrated graphic device.

4. Boothbay

Boothbay Thread Starter

The ASUS A88X-PRO motherboard in your computer appears to have an AMD Radeon HD 7000/8000 series integrated graphic device.>>>

Yes, thanks for reminding me. I have been going crazy with doing my tax's that it escaped my mind. Your right, the display in Device manager shows it as standard vga graphic. I do not have a graphic driver as u probably know with my integrated video. The driver I just reinstalled that was on the Window's disc, is the Amd as above, under Processors, but not under "Display"..

5. flavallee

Go into the Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters heading.
    Double-click the entry in that heading to open its properties window.
    Click the "Details" tab and then select "Hardware Ids" in the list.
    What's the exact 4-character codes that follow VEN_ and DEV_ in those strings?

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. Boothbay

Boothbay Thread Starter

This is the layout. upload_2017-3-19_15-51-18.png

Attached Files:

• DM.jpg
      DM.jpg
      File size:
      36.5 KB
      Views:
  7. flavallee

Those vendor and device codes identify it as an AMD Radeon R7 Graphics device.

The most current Windows 7 64-bit driver listed for it at the Microsoft Update Catalog site is this version and date:

Capture.JPG

Submit an image of the "Driver" tab so we can see which driver version and driver date is currently installed.

I'm guessing it's a generic Windows 7 version.

---------------------------------------------------------------

8. Boothbay

Boothbay Thread Starter

DM2,ipg.JPG

9. flavallee

Just as I suspected.
    It's using a generic Windows 7 driver - which is why it appears as a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.

Until an appropriate AMD driver for it is installed, it's going to have limited function.

Go to Windows Update and do a "check for updates".
    Once the scan is finished and the list of updates appear, see if an AMD driver is listed in the important/recommended/optional list.
    If it is, select it and install it.

10. Boothbay

Boothbay Thread Starter

Here ie where i can confused what is the following all about? It has that same name " Those vendor and device codes identify it as an AMD Radeon R7 Graphics device." That is what was on the win 7 disc as a driver. I thought all along the graphic driver was installed. Prior to todays 'chat' windows informed me of an update and I installed it...nothing to do with the driver. ..also I checked the list of windows update and all it showed was a long list of KB updates. Just a question, if i may. When I got the ASUS motherboard, the driver disc came with it naturally...so i installed everything that was on it, including that AMD Processor...which like i said before, i thought that was the driver for my graphics. Does that mean I should have 2 separate drivers, one for graphics and one for Processor's? That being said, wouldn't the graphic driver be on it too?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  11. flavallee

Go HERE.
    Click Support and then click Driver & Tools.
    Select Windows 7 64bit for the operating system.
    The list of Windows 7 64-bit drivers for that motherboard will appear.
    Expand the VGA heading.
    This is the graphic driver you need to download and save and extract its contents and install.
    Capture2.JPG

Unfortunately, it's a very large file because it contains the graphic driver for several Windows versions.

12. Boothbay

Boothbay Thread Starter

I called Asus and that driver that you show me is the one that I have, supposingly. They said there is no updated one for a integrated video. The date shows as 2014, that was about the time I bought this MB. Just curious if there is a way to see the actual name of the driver that I do have to make comparisons. ..otherwise its no big deal. I guess. Its funny my OP was "Why Chrome does not use Flash Player and Firefox does." Thanks

13. flavallee

The Google Chrome browser has started blocking Adobe Flash Player content.
    The Microsoft Edge browser in the "Creators Update" of Windows 10 will be doing the same.
    It's supposedly to address certain security issues.

I avoid computers that have ATI/AMD graphics (and AMD processors) and haven't used them in several years.
    Because of that, I have no experience with installing and addressing issues with ATI/AMD drivers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1187080