Flash Player

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

contour12

hello,

I have one problem with Flash Player. I am using OS2K, and I have Flash Player 9 - 9.0.115.0 on my computer (by examing the list of applications in Add/Remove Programs). However when I watch news on CNN, it indicates that my computer does not have the latest Flash Player application. I follow the provided link from CNN to download a new version. The download file appears the 9.0.115.0 version.

The issue is: when I click download button on the Adobe Flash Player website, it shows a working link and nothing occurs after that. I did close the IE after a while of waiting. I re-opened IE and navigated to the site again. The download still stucks at the same point. So I do not know what is going on!!! some one can help me on this issue

Thanks.
CT

contour12

Togg, thanks I did download the uninstaller.
I did try to install the Flash Player at the same address that you provided. However, as I stated in my thread, I have been waiting forever. Nothing occurs.

I will update when I uninstall and re-install Flash Player

Stay input

CT

contour12

Togg - Interesting things occur:

1. I downloaded the flash player uninstaller. And run it. I got a complete removal comfirmation.

2. I went into Add/Remove Programs to make sure that the flash player was removed. And it was.

3. I went back to the flash player download site. I select download button. I was led to another screen (as attached) and again wait for about 1.5 hours, and nothing happened. The screen was still the same display. I was mad and closed the IE.

4. I went back to the Adobe Flash Player website and selected Tech Support. There is one selective item called "Test Flash Player" I selected it, and it indicates that Flash Player 9.0.115.0 is on my computer (a screen shot is included).

My question is: how the flash player installed in my computer?

Attachments

karbo

Banned
You could try checking your ActiveX settings or even disabling IE's popup blocker. Sometimes, your firewall may be the cause. Lower the security settings for the time you want to download. Hope this helps.

I've never actually had to use the flash uninstaller or installer, so I'm unable to suggest what might be happening. As far as I know, the player installs as a 'plugin' in the browser it is set up for, so perhaps the process completed while you had IE open?

If the version checker says you do have the latest version, what happens when you go to a site that definitely does need flash to run eg: YouTube?

contour12

Togg - It works normal now. I can see CNN video news.

But I still wonder that why previously my computer had Flash Player 9, but the CNN video news did not play!!! untill I uninstalled and accidentally install again, then I can see CNN video news???

CT

Well, it seems that whatever you thought was happening, the install was successful, so that's a good result, even if we don't know why. A lot of people have recently had problems with YouTube telling them that they didn't have the latest version of flash, even though they had.

It's good news that your problem seems to be solved, the bad news is that a new version (10?) will soon be released and you will have to go through the whole process again!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online